HPS LLC Newark Texas Home: ButtonHelp button.f.a.q. buttonContact us.  

inkjet decal paper texas-tape.

>> About us
>> Products
>> Services
>> F.A.Q.
>> Ecommerce
>> Help
Inkjet decal paper.
 HYAZ TM and Papilio TM Specialty Media.
Water slide decal paper. Waterproof inkjet vinyl.

Inkjet decal paper.

To order our products please go to our ecommerce website www.texascraft.com.

If you are looking for specialty media that you can not find by browsing through this website and/or if you have any questions please call us.


PO Box 855
Rhome, TX 76078, USA
Tel: 940.627.0112
Fax: 817.489.3650
Contact Us
Waterproof inkjet vinyl.




If your question isn't listed or you need additional information, Please call: 817-627-0112

Our Office hours are from 9AM to 5PM CST

Q. I want to make temporary tattoos in a relatively large quantity or a few hundred or more at a time.  Can I use your paper ?
A. No. We do not feel that is is practical to use our temporary tattoo paper for large production runs. For small runs of one hundred or less tattoos at a time our media is just what you are looking for.



Q. I want to make outdoor labels that must last up to 5 years. Can this be done? 
A. No. Unfortunately due to the limitations of the ink/toner used in home printers this is not possible. The ONLY way to accomplish this is to use professional grade UV resistant inks certified for this purpose, such as those used in screen printing. With over-laminate protection your ink/toner and our media can be surprisingly durable, but 5 years is not a reasonable outdoor life expectation.



Q. I want to make bumper stickers using my Inkjet printer. Can this be done ?
A. Yes, you can use our waterproof vinyl along with an over-laminate. The main limiting factor will be UV resistance rather than water fastness. Using photo inks or dye based inks (such as Epson Durabrite inks) will increase outdoor life.

Q. I want to use your Aqua Slide Paper to make a ceramic decal and fire it in a ceramic kiln. Can this be done?

A. No.  See the following question for more detail

Q. I want to make Ceramic Decals.  Can I use your paper? 

A. No. Our decal paper can be used to make decorative decals to apply after firing, but our decals are not suitable for firing in a kiln. To make such decals you would have to use special over-glaze colors along with a screen printing machine. 

Q.  How can an Inkjet media be waterproof if the ink itself is water-soluble? ?
A. It is similar in concept to  spilling fruit juice on a white cotton fabric. The dye molecules are trapped in the fibers and can not be removed easily by using only cold water. Sometimes even with warm water and soap the stain will not come out.
Q. What is an Alps printer ? (MD series)
A. A special computer printer which uses dry ink rather than water soluble ink like a standard Inkjet printer. When we refer to an "Alps" printer we actually are referring to all dry resin printers. Alps is the brand name of one manufacturer. Citizen, OKI, and Mitsubishi among others also offer dry resin printers.
Q. In most of the instructions you talk about using the Regular Ribbons. 
What do you mean by "the Regular Ribbons" ?
A. If you are using Alps MD1000, MD4000 or other Alps printers that do not 
offer a "dye sub mode" you don’t have to worry about this as the regular 
ribbons are the only ribbons your printer will accept. Other Alps printers 
offer a printing mode called Dye Sub Mode using a special dye sub ribbon.
Q. What will happen if I use the Photo Quality Ribbons (sometimes referredto to as  "Dye Sub" ribbons) instead of the regular ribbons ?
A. Depending on the media you intend to print on, the ribbons may tear.

Q. How can I tell the difference between the Photo Quality (dye sub ribbons) and the regular ribbons?

A. If you want to physically distinguish between the cartridges, the Dye Sub Cartridges are blue.  The regular ribbons (the plastic cartridge enclosure) are black.

Q. I want to use your Aqua Slide Paper to make a ceramic decal and fire it in a ceramic kiln. Can this be done?

A. No. The Alps printer does not print with ceramic over-glaze colors. But you can BAKE the decal onto a mug or other item that can be heated to produce a semi permanent or dishwasher resistant decal using your kitchen oven.

Q. I want to use a color laser  and your PAS paper to make dye sub images on ceramic tiles.  Can I do this using a Color Laser Printer?

NO. Sublimation and ceramic decals are two totally different things.
Ceramic decals are printed using lead fritted metal oxide (china paint) that fuses onto the glaze of porcelain and ceramic at 800 degrees celsius.
Dye sublimation is the transfer of dye sublimation ink using low heat onto ceramic ware that has been coated with a urethane based film.  This process takes place at around 148 degrees Celsius.
Printing on the PAS film is a COLD transfer where you  use water to slide the carrier film onto the item. Baking will make this film stick better and using the urethane over-laminate makes this film invisible.

Q. What is the difference between PAS/N and PAS/4 decal media?

A. The PAS/N is softer, has less gloss and will form to relief and curves.  PAS/4 is stronger, glossier and stiffer.

Q. Your instructions mention only regular ribbons for the white vinyl but I have printed on it using my dye sub ribbons with good results.

A. The white vinyl may or may not accept the dye sub ribbons. Therefore ,the instructions recommend only regular ribbons even though most of our customers use dye sub mode with the white vinyl (the glossy one).

Q. How well will the Alps ink resist fading if placed where it is exposed to direct sunlight ?

A. The Alps ink is extremely resistant to the UV effect of the sunlight when compared with traditional photographs.

Q. Why can't I use ink jet printers with the water slide decal paper?

A. The Inkjet printer prints by dropping ink droplets onto the media. As these droplets are mostly water and the media is a plastic type, the results will be ink on the surface that will not dry. Take a look at our IAS & WIAS media which are coated for Inkjet printers.

Q. What do you mean by Late Model Personal Laser printer/copier?

A. The newer generation laser printers/copiers where the fusing drum/unit is a part of the toner.

Q. Can I use your self adhesive vinyl in a Laser printer and, if so, also in Color Laser Printers?

A. In most cases our Vinyl can be used with excellent results in B/W laser printers like HP and Brother and B/W photocopiers, except Xerox.  BUT do NOT use our vinyl in color laser printers.

Q. Can your Static/Tack media be used in copiers or Laser Printers?

A. NO.

Q. Do you have decal paper that can be used with the ALPS Photo Quality  Ribbons?

A. No.

Q. Do you make or offer white decal film/paper

A. We do not offer  white decal paper for the Alps MD series printers. 




Have questions?


Inkjet magnetic flexible paper.
Inkjet Magnetic

Inkjet ultra cling.

Ultra Cling

Inkjet media such as our waterproof vinyl.

Please allow time for the document to load.

You need 

to view our catalog and other informational files. This is a free download available from Adobe. You may download it by clicking on the "Get Acrobat Reader" button



Made in USA inkjet decal paper.
Inkjet media made in the USA.


Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact  
  © Copyright 2006 HPS Inc